Unless you prefer staying in the shade for the entire summer, then you will undoubtedly find that you end up spending some time splashing around in a paddling pool in your mates garden.
That is assuming, of course, that you don’t mind ingesting your friend’s urine as they pee in the paddling pool rather than going indoors to relieve themselves.
So if you are going to be heading to some sort of impromptu paddling pool party, then you are going to want to make sure that you stand out from the crowd.
And we have JUST the things for you!
1. Inflatable Poop Sticks. You won’t need an Olympic sized paddling pool to enjoy a game of jousting. And what can be better than hitting your mate with an inflatable turd?
BEST REVIEW: ‘These are hilarious and have caused much hilarity with the family over the weekend as we bash each other with poo sticks and sit on the blow-up toilet!! Yes – we re super childish. Genuinely good value and made of strong stuff. They blow up easily, and you can sit on the seat on the pool and not fear falling in. Just a really good fun little thing!’ – Cameron
2. Inflatable Logs (with sticks). If you do not want to offend your mate by hitting them over the head with an inflatable turd, then these inflatable logs with accompanying sticks should do the ‘job’.
BEST REVIEW: ‘Bought this for an upcoming holiday and just can’t wait to use it with my kids. We’re the competitive type of family and this will just brig so much joy to us all. Nicer than just this inflatables you lie on to relax…..this way you work out a little whilst bashing your opponent :)’ – Shi
3. Turn your garden into a waterpark. The waterparks might be shut, but don’t let that stop you from turning your garden into your very own waterpark. Hell, you could even start charging your mates to come over and using it – just like a real waterpark.
BEST REVIEW: ‘kids enjoyed this water play mat. Seems quite hard wearing and durable. Great to cool the kids down in the summer heat. Just need more weather to get the most use of it now!’ – Adam W
4. Float on a slice of Pizza. If your mate has got a decent sized paddling pool, then stand out from the crowd by floating around on this slice of pizza. The good thing is that this slice of ‘pizza’ hasn’t got any pineapple on it. Result.
BEST REVIEW: ‘Really great pizza slice inflatable! We were part of a large group and this was the most popular amongst the kids and kept going when other inflatables started to go floppy. The kids always refer to the pizza slice when we mention the holiday…really good buy.’ – Karen (seriously, that’s her name)
5. Giant Inflatable Sprinkler Unicorn. It’s ok; you like Unicorns. We get it. That’s why we have found this giant inflatable sprinkler unicorn. You can set this up in your garden so your mates can enjoy being hit with unicorn juice.
BEST REVIEW ‘It’s a great product my daughter loves it thank you’ – david
As we all start to head back to work, many of us are finding that we have gotten used to being furloughed where we basically get paid for doing next to nothing.
It might have only taken a few days to get used to being furloughed, but it is going to take a hell of a lot longer to get used to being at back work again.
When you do return to work, then you will probably find yourself starting to zone out, or starting to browse through your Amazon Prime video library as you sit on the toilet at work (for hours at a time).
But fear not, my friends, as you are not alone.
Tens-of-thousands of workers are in the same situation as you. And we want to help.
And then sign up for an AudioBook service (Like Amazon’s Audible) and then ‘hey presto’ – you get to feel like you are at home when really, you are at work!
If you have been doing your job for a few years and you know it like the back of your hand, then you can ‘work’ while listening to your favourite book!
This suggestion has been bought to you by our ‘life hack’ team who have tried this very technique (I am listening to an audiobook as I type and none of my colleagues are even aware of it – my boss thinks that I am just waiting for my next call)
Working during the night, as everyone else sleeps, is hard work.
If you have never had to work a nightshift, then count yourself lucky and spare a thought for the tens of thousands of people who zombie their way through the night.
But if you do work nights, then we have hand-picked (as former night shift workers ourselves) 3 essential items which you should always carry with you!
1. A ‘travel pillow‘. Ok, granted, not everyone will be able to get away with having a quick sleep during their nightshift. But you could always use your 15-minute break to catch some ZZZZ’s rather than zoning out during late-night conversations.
BEST REVIEW: ‘My old inflatable neck pillow sprung a leak an was very old. I have just had spinal surgery and needed support for travelling in the car. The astronaut is perfect, and I like the neck clip, so it doesn’t fall off, which I found my old one did. Also extremely comfortable’ – ‘Davide.’
2. A torch. No credible night shift worker can navigate their way through the night without a torch. Yes, your phone can do the job if you need it to. But when you drop your phone, and its screen smashes, then you will be kicking yourself!
BEST REVIEW: ‘This is a great torch for the price and exactly what I needed for dog walks on the field at 5am. It’s small enough for your Jean’s pocket, but reassuringly weighty, giving it a quality feel. The beam casts a very bright wide illumination but you can also adjust it to narrow the field right down to aim at something in particular.
Using the batteries that came with it so need to add some longer life batteries (3xAAA) in order to comment on battery life. All in all a powerful little torch’ – S. Buchan
3. Refs Box. If you are trying to save money, by avoiding buying fast food during your night shift, then you are going to need a ‘lunch’ box. But we have found one that should also ensure that wandering hands stay away from your food.
By having a lunch box that also has pictures of all of the body’s vital organs on it, then anyone thinking of stealing your food might believe that, rather than being a lunch box, that it is, in fact, a bag used for the transportation of human organs.
BEST REVIEW: This is a new listing that has yet to be reviewed!
Is your Dad a Breaking Bad fan? If so, then this spoof ‘Baking Bad’ recipe book will probably go down quite well.
It is described as: ‘a spoof recipe book created in homage to the TV series that we STILL can’t stop talking about. A cookbook for fans of the greatest cult show ever produced (and no gasmask is required)’.